Aztec Adaptive Sports, a recognized student organization at San Diego State University, will be hosting the first Aztec Adaptive Sports Showcase, designed to raise awareness about the impact a collegiate adaptive sports program would have at SDSU.
The event opens Friday Jan 26th with a performance by The Rollettes, LA based Wheelchair Dance Troupe, followed by a screening of The Rebound, a wheelchair basketball documentary that made the festival circuit in 2017.
Saturday Jan 27th features a full morning of sports with Sitting Volleyball, Wheelchair Tennis, Track & Field and Wheelchair Basketball.
Hear from an amazing group of speakers who will be sharing their ideas and perspectives on the emergence of collegiate adaptive sports programs and their potential impact as we head towards the 2028 Paralympic Games in Los Angeles.
- Ahkeel Whitehead, SDSU '17 - 2016 Track & Field Paralympian, Program Director of Aztec Adaptive Sports
- Dave Kiley - 13-Time US Paralympian, 2010 U.S. Women's Paralympic Wheelchair Basketball Coach
- Steve Baldwin - 2016 Wheelchair Tennis Paralympian, SDSU Alumnus
- Margaret Stran & Brent Hardin - Co-Founders, Alabama Adapted Athletics Department
- Travis Ricks - USA Sitting Volleyball National Team Member
- Nicholas Rogers - U.S. Track & Field Paralympian
- Candace Cable - 9-time US Paralympian, Vice President of LA2028 Olympic & Paralympic Games Committee